BLACK LIKE WE NEVER LEFT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM.
1. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Black Like We Never Left Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by BookClub, Inc. (“Sponsor”) provides entrants an opportunity to win a prize, subject to the terms of these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual who is: (a) 18 years of age or older at the date of entry; (b) a legal resident of (and residing at the time of entry in) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and (c) has access to the Internet and has not purchased Internet service in order to participate in this Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and it’s parent and related companies, and other companies associated with the promotion and operation of the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOUR ENTRY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED AND YOU CANNOT WIN A PRIZE.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
5. PRIZE SELECTION PROCESS: Prize winners will be randomly selected and contacted by May 31, 2022 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Two (2) winners will be selected from all eligible entries. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received in each applicable Entry Period.
6. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Any entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account at time of entry.
7. PRIZES: Two (2) prize winners will each win one (1) autographed copy of Black Buck by Mateo Askaripour. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $30, with a total ARV of $60 for both prizes. Winners will be notified via email and will be asked to confirm their information. All federal, state, local and any other taxes are the responsibility of the Winner. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor is its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or refundable and cannot be substituted for cash. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value of the Prizes if for any reason any Prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: Sponsor will randomly select two winners from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winners will be notified via Instagram or email. Sponsor will not be liable for any entry or potential prize notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries, or may elect to not award a Prize. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared a “winner” of a Prize. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per entrant. In order to receive a Prize, the winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that any entrant is age 18 or older (as is required for entry) but has not yet reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, such entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees to all conditions of these Official Rules on behalf of such entrant, and further agrees to co-sign any required documents if such entrant is chosen as a potential winner. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, it’s parent and related companies, other companies associated with the promotion and operation of the Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use/misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Sweepstakes; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all prizes, and all materials provided on or through any Sweepstakes website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
11. INDEMNITY: You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of your Entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
12. PUBLICITY: By submitting an Entry, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, Entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or Entry.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
15. RULES REQUESTS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BookClub + Belletrist Rules Request c/o BookClub, Inc. 1807 Maple Hills Dr, Bountiful, UT 84010.
Requests must be received by May 31, 2022.
16. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BookClub + Belletrist Winner Request c/o BookClub, Inc. 1807 Maple Hills Dr, Bountiful, UT 84010.
Requests must be received by June 30, 2022.