We are looking for an experienced Digital leader to design and execute a data-driven approach across all of BookClub’s digital touchpoints, from acquisition campaigns to email nurtures with the intent to drive subscription revenue for BookClub. As the Lead of Digital Performance Marketing, you will work closely with a cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, and marketers to help BookClub grow.
As the Lead Digital Marketing, and an acquisition marketing veteran, you will lead our digital acquisition strategy and execution focused on driving BookClub’s user acquisition and retention efforts. You will work with leads from Product, Engineering, Analytics, Marketing, and Content to maximize the return on our digital media investments, including optimizing reach, engagement, and user acquisition for a growing number of celebrities and author-led book clubs.
You will be at the forefront of a highly visible strategic marketing investment in digital performance-based growth. You will also bring strong relationships with global ad networks and social platforms and deep experience applying analytics, technology, and creative development to achieve strategic success. You will also be an expert in digital media channels and help set media best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and manage desktop and mobile user acquisition strategy and execution based on maximizing return on ad spend across domestic and global markets
- Perform deep analysis of marketing spend across existing and new digital channels to learn and identify the most compelling strategies
- Improve end-to- end user acquisition process, including building ROAS models, onboarding and managing ad networks/partners, optimizing storefronts for conversion, budget optimization, creative optimization, and reporting
- Partner with marketing technology to build the technical infrastructure for testing, attribution, automation, and audience management
- Partner with operations to create scalable reporting to track spend, performance, and impact
- Manage performance media agencies, ad networks, and social platform relationships to ensure they meet BookClub’s needs.
- Remain current on market and media trends and the effects to BookClub by identifying latest opportunities for efficiency and scale
- Be the expert in performance-based marketing and recommend new digital performance opportunities based on the evolving digital advertising landscape
What It Takes:
- In-depth knowledge of display media channels, with a track record in programmatic buying, DSP partners, behavioral/audience targeting, and paid social for performance goals
- Expertise in building, managing, and optimizing digital media / paid campaigns
- Fluency with digital measurement metrics and analytics for return on investment targets
- Hands-on leadership experience managing digital media platforms and partners across multiple geographies and evaluating strategic media relationships
- Data-driven mentality with significant experience working with marketing and digital attribution models and large datasets that measure channel performance and return
- Extensive people manager experience and ability to hire and develop the next generation of performance marketing leaders
- Experience working across organizational boundaries and building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing or the digital ad space
- Experience working with consumer media and community-first brands