About this role
You will learn more through books in your lifetime than from any other source, but there is no single platform for authors to share their experience and expertise. BookClub is on a mission to change this, hosting life-changing conversations that help us expand our knowledge of ourselves, each other, and the world around us through books. We believe we can harness these conversations to create the world’s largest learning platform. BookClub is a community for readers to connect over the books they love, and is fueled by cinematic video content produced with the authors themselves and celebrity moderators.
As an Editor, you will edit engaging short-form and long-form BookClub branded video content. An ideal candidate will be both a highly-creative and technical individual who can edit and lead the post production process. This role will partner closely with other related areas (Content, Production, Creative) to achieve our strategic vision. In this role you will work in a fast-paced video production environment, touching multiple projects.
- Editing cinematic quality video and working with internal and external collaborators to produce a variety of video assets
- Editing both long-form content (15-40 min) and shorter pieces (trailers, social spots)
- Capable of handling multiple, multi-week long video editing projects simultaneously
- Managing the post-production process from a technical standpoint in a remote environment meaning you will need to be technically proficient in project structure and file management/storage
- The ability to work remotely with the relevant BookClub teams and contractors
- Seek out critique and are capable of gathering ideas or feedback from a wide stakeholder audience and synthesizing it in a consistent way
Who we are seeking
- An individual with a strong body of work in both short and long-from content
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Products, e.g; Premiere and After Effects. Note that you will have collaborators in designing and creating motion graphics–but we’d still like you to be proficient in basic AE work.
- Proficiency in basic color grading, preferably with DaVinci Resolve
- Ability to master video and package for release
- You understand the mechanics of editing for emotion and can set a standard for junior editors.
- You’re a life-long learner who is always seeking to challenge and expand your skills
- You have high emotional intelligence and are comfortable sharing your thoughts and ideas with candor and good intent
- You have at least 3 years of in-house, or 5 years of total experience as a senior video editor.
- Bonus if you love to read, and build community and knowledge through that experience
What you can expect from us
We know that the success of our mission depends on the success of our team. While we are early stage and scrappy, we work to provide a high-quality employee experience that sets you up to do your best work.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- The hardware and software you require
- Competitive blend of salary and equity
- Individual autonomy and respect
- Flexible, remote, and family-first work environment
- A learning-first culture that values curiosity and character and strives to enable each individual to show up as their authentic selves
- A highly skilled, collaborative team that respects the value of design and its ability to have an impact across the business
We are mindfully determined to build a team that reflects the diversity of our audience, and as a principle are committed toward amplifying the voice and power of marginalized people and groups. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.