Who we are
BookClub is on a mission to change the way we learn and experience reading, forever. We began unlocking the true potential of books and the power of community with our amazing partners and authors like Hasan Minhaj, Barbara Corcoran, Gary Vaynerchuk, Daymond John, Emma Roberts, and many others.
This is where YOU come in.
We recently introduced our newest offering, BookClub at Work, to help organizations align, develop, and create deeper team connections across topics they care about such as effective leadership, culture building, mental health, and inclusion.
Our initial enterprise offering unlocks the power of books through bite-sized insights that focus on application and discussion of the most important principles, frameworks, and stories –– more simply, more engaging, and more immersive than the traditional paperback. We give leaders what they need to get their team on the same page, quickly.
We’ve seen fast adoption and now need a dedicated leader to help achieve our next stage of growth.
About this role
You will be our first full-time sales lead, the head honcho(ess), leading all things across the end-to-end sales process. You will help us take our solution to market, continue to uncover future needs of our customers, and drive our top-line billings growth.
This role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with our Head of CX and the rest of our executive team.
Experience you'll likely have
- 5+ years of B2B EdTech sales experience with progressively increasing quotas.
- Successfully sold to Enterprise CHROs/CLOs/L&D Leaders and mid-market leaders.
- Spent time honing your prospecting abilities as an ADM/SDR/BDR.
- Uncanny ability to generate pipeline. While you LOVE marketing support, you aren’t scared of building, owning, and creating your own pipeline.
- Ability to turn sales discovery into product and content insights, then work with x-functional leaders to make it a reality.
- Have worked in a startup environment. Not required, but really valuable.
Who you are
- Eternal Optimist: You see the bright side of everything and easily roll with the proverbial punches.
- Intellectually Curious: You LOVE learning. You have a burning desire to always understand the ‘Why.’ You ask questions. You seek answers. You repeat.
- Explorer at Heart, Sales Expert by Trade: Your tick for discovery is who you are at your core – you just also happen to be a great storyteller with a knack for words and a love for the chase.
- A Future Revenue Leader: You’re a self-starter and proactively build what is needed.
What you can expect
We know that the success of our mission depends on the success of our team. Although we are in the early stages, we work hard to provide a high-quality team member experience that allows you to do your best work:
- A highly skilled, collaborative team
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision, supplemental life, and 401k)
- Competitive blend of salary, bonus, and equity (level and compensation DOE)
- Individual autonomy and respect
- Flexible, remote, and family-first work environment
- A learning-first culture that values curiosity and character and strives to enable each individual to show up as their authentic selves
BookClub is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.