BookClub is the world’s first virtual book club platform led by authors themselves. We are creating an entirely new way for readers to connect and discuss the books they love with authors, celebrity hosts, and key partners. Our company was founded by veterans in the EdTech industry who have a passion for learning, growth, and diversity with a mission to make BookClub the largest learning platform in the world.
About this role
We are looking for a Copywriter to work with our marketing and content teams to produce engaging, artfully written copy about BookClub. We are building a community formed around a mutual love of literature and the stories that inspire us–come help us give voice to that passion.
The Copywriter is responsible for producing a range of high-quality content: ad copy, educational guides, web copy, content marketing and other customer communications. The ideal candidate will be able to navigate from "retail" to literary settings while maintaining a consistent tone throughout.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Qualifications For This Role
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in writing for digital marketing purposes
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, remote environment
- Exceptional grammatical and editing skills.
- The ability to understand and communicate complex ideas simply and eloquently.
- An up-to-date portfolio that includes recent works (please include portfolio link).
- Ability to work fluidly in modern collaborative content creation tools (Ex. Google Docs, Slack, Figma)
What you’ll do
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with a fully remote team to develop content for a variety of uses and audiences.
- Be accountable for the quality of written content produced under your supervision.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and creativity.
- Help maintain brand standards and create procedures to ensure all assets are on-brand both technically and tonaly.
- Produce content in a deadline-driven environment with multiple stakeholders for a discerning audience.
Who we are seeking
- Adept at articulating concepts across a wide range of mediums.
- Proven experience creating content that performs in digital advertising.
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative, willing to learn, adapt and grow
- A love for literature and an avid reader (nice to have)
What you can expect
We know that the success of our mission depends on the success of our team. Although we are in the early stages, we work hard to provide a high-quality team member experience that allows you to do your best work:
- A highly skilled, collaborative team
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- The hardware and software you require
- Competitive blend of salary and equity (level and compensation DOE)
- Individual autonomy and respect
- Flexible, remote, and family-first work environment
- A learning-first culture that values curiosity and character and strives to enable each individual to show up as their authentic selves
BookClub is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.